WOW! Pizza Grilled Cheese W/ French Bread is out of this world delicious! I might even prefer it over pizza. Yes, I just said that out loud. Now, I know grilled cheese isn’t rocket science but this recipe was worth sharing. You see the key to a good grilled cheese is good ingredients, two cheeses, and a cast iron skillet.
I used fresh french bread from the deli that’s sliced thin with the soft mozzarella (in water) and parmigiana reggiano (block & freshly grate it yourself) because you really get that ooey gooey stringy cheesy sandwich and the perfect crust on the bread.
- Fresh Deli French Bread (pre-sliced thin)
- Fresh Mozzarella (the soft mozzarella in water)
- Parmigiano Reggiano (freshly grate yourself for that nutty flavor)
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Marinara or Pizza Sauce
- Pre-heat your cast iron skillet.
- Slice your mozzarella and freshly grate your parmigiano.
- Rub the outside of each bread slice with butter or just throw a good chunk in your cast iron skillet. Layer your french bread with mozzarella, pepperoni, and parmigiana and top with another piece of french bread to make a sandwich.
- Cook on both sides so that the cheese is melted and you have nice crusty bread.
- Then serve with marinara for dipping.
- PLEASE EAT RESPONSIBLY 🙂 - recipes are meant to be copied, altered, substituted or tweaked to your tasting and liking, so f you don't like an ingredient or allergic to an ingredient then omit it and/or add a different ingredient.
- - If your concerned with the chemicals, toxins, dyes, pesticides, GMOs, hormones, antibiotics, rBGH, rBST, nitrates, nitrites, and all of the other scary ingredients out there please focus on buying organic meats, produce, and products from your local grocery store or support your local farmers and purchase from farmers markets.