I get cravings all the time (no I’m not pregnant) I just have a love affair with food. And when I get in these moods I become fixated on my craving and nothing else will do. Seriously, nothing! And I was craving a steak and Italian food all at the same time. I figured why choose lets just figure out a way to marry the two, which is how I ended up here with a delicious thick cut Ribeye Steak w/ Marinara, Mozzarella, & Peppadew Peppers! I guess you can say this is what happens when you have an undeniable craving.
And Mama Mia was it good! Plus, for such a simple dish with few ingredients it will get you lots of praise. You get the perfect charred steak from the cast iron skillet with melty mozzarella cheese on top of a layer of marinara and topped with sweet peppadew peppers. Every single bite is absolute deliciousness and perfect in flavor. Even though the steak is amazing enough to stand alone the marinara and peppadew peppers brought it to a whole new level. Its flavor towns finest if you will.
I think what I love the most about Italian food is its usually served family style. You can make a few dishes throw in the center of the table and share away.
Psst. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet then stop what your doing and get yourself one now! Its the best investment I’ve ever made and I don’t feel I will ever need a grill again. My meat is always on point and has the best outer char and juicy center.
- 2 Organic Ribeye Steaks
- 2 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 2-3 tbsp of Butter
- Boars Head Thinly Sliced Mozzarella
- Raos Marinara (or use your favorite)
- Peppadew Peppers
- Dash of Worcestershire
- 1 tsp of Lawrys Season Salt
- 1 tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Salt & Pepper
- Aluminum Foil
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Allow your steaks to sit for at least 30 minutes on the counter top to bring to room temperature.
- Then season your steaks on all sides with your lawrys season salt, garlic powder, and salt & pepper.
- I like to throw a quick dash of worcestershire in a few spots on both sides of the steaks.
- Pre-heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add your butter, it will be sizzling hot and melt quickly, and turn up the heat to medium-high heat.
- Now add your steaks to your cast iron skillet with your sprigs of rosemary. Depending on the thickness of your steaks and your desired temperature allow the steaks to cook for 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Add your marinara to a pot and heat on medium-low heat.
- Remove your steaks and place on a cutting board.
- Add your thin sliced mozzarella to each steak. I added 5-6 slices to each ribeye.
- Now cover the steaks with foil and let sit for at least 5-10 minutes so the cheese melts and the juice redistributes throughout the steak.
- They will continue to cook while sitting there so make sure you don't over cook your steak in the cast iron skillet before removing.
- Once cheese has melted slice your steak at an angle.
- Spread marinara down the center of the plate, top with your steak with the melted mozzarella, throw on some peppadew peppers and add a sprig of rosemary for presentation.
- PLEASE EAT RESPONSIBLY 🙂 - recipes are meant to be copied, altered, substituted or tweaked to your tasting and liking, so f you don't like an ingredient or allergic to an ingredient then omit it and/or add a different ingredient.
- - If your concerned with the chemicals, toxins, dyes, pesticides, GMOs, hormones, antibiotics, rBGH, rBST, and all of the other scary ingredients out there please focus on buying organic meats, produce, and products from your local grocery store or support your local farmers and purchase from farmers markets.