I absolutely love this time of year! I guess you could say I’m a huge fan of the holidays because of all the food, friends, family, and fun one gets to have. You get the cool fall weather, flannels, hot chocolate, pumpkin lattes, warm fires, cozy houses, and Thanksgiving! I have a huge appetite for the typical foods and spreads and one of my Thanksgiving staples every year is stuffing! I mean whats Thanksgiving without stuffing? Um, its not Thanksgiving! So, its going to be nothing bundt stuffing happening around here and in my kitchen. And just in case you’re wondering my “Sausage & Apple Stuffing” doesn’t disappoint.
I grew up in a small town in Georgia and Thanksgiving was and still is a time of year my entire family comes together. We all get to eat, drink, & be merry for days. We also get to gain five pounds before the weekend ends and our jeans fit a tad tighter or as they would say in Georgia, your britches! The heck with it though I’m throwing will power out the window and chanting bring on the food.
I tend to flip flop between a couple stuffing recipes and this year I’m making my “Sausage & Apple Stuffing.” It’s easy to make and guaranteed to impress in flavor and presentation. It certainly has gained me some praise around the dinner table and I’m pretty sure you will have everyone at your table giving THANKS to you too! You get the sweet and savory flavors from the sausage and apples which pair up nicely with the earthy herbs. A quick mix of ingredients, add to your bundt pan, bake in the oven and ta-da.. a beautiful wreath shaped “Sausage & Apple Stuffing” awaits you. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
- French Bread - day/2day old
- 1/2 Cup of Herb & Parmesan Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 Stalks of Celery - thinly chopped
- 1 Fiji Apple - diced
- 1/2 uncooked Cup of Jimmy Dean Sausage or Italian Sausage
- 1 Large Onion -diced
- 1/3 Cup of Fresh Parsley- rough chopped
- 8-10 sage leaves-rough chopped
- 1 tbsp Rosemary - rough chopped
- 2-3 Cups of Low Sodium Organic Chicken Stock
- 4 Eggs -beaten
- Salt & Pepper - be generous
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Break your french bread up into small pieces and place in a large bowl with your panko bread crumbs.
- Brown your sausage in a saute pan and add to the bread bowl.
- Saute your onion in same sausage pan on the stove top for 1-2 minutes.
- Add your apple, celery, and herbs to the same pan and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Now, add your pan ingredients in with the bread and sausage.
- Add your chicken stock to the bowl and your beaten eggs and mx well.
- Season with some salt and pepper.
- Grease your bundt pan and add all ingredients to your bundt pan and press down firmly.
- Pop in your oven and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Flip upside down onto a serving plate or cutting board and serve.