Oh how I love fall and all its flavors! There’s something about this time of year and all the pumpkin recipes that really excites me. Even though I wish there was some cooler weather here in South Florida to make it feel like fall! The grocery stores are starting display all the holiday decorations and festive foods so it was only fitting seeing all the pumpkins that I make a pumpkin recipe. My “Pumpkin Manicotti w/ Sage Cream Sauce” is no ordinary recipe! The flavors scream fall and it makes you feel all warm & fuzzy inside. The pumpkin paired up with the sage cream sauce is mouth watering delicious!
- 1 box of Manicotti
- 1 cup of Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup of Butternut Squash (fresh or frozen)
- 1 15oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1/3 cup of Shaved Parmesan (use real parm)
- 2 tbsp of Nectevia (Steviva product)
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt & Pepper
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Ziploc bag
- MAKE SAGE CREAM SAUCE
- 1 Stick of Salted Butter
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 10 Sage Leaves & Stems
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup of Flour
- 1 tbsp of Nectevia (Steviva product)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil your manicotti (until al dente) 5-7 minutes.
- Set manicotti aside and allow to cool so you can handle.
- Saute your butternut squash on stove top for 5-7 minutes w/ splash of olive oil so that its cooked enough to smash.
- In a bowl mix your pumpkin puree, butternut squash, ricotta cheese, nectevia, and spices. (If you need to use a hand mixer go for it or just smash the squash into the mixture so its not chunky).
- Take a ziploc bag and add your pumpkin mixture then snip the end of it and pipe your pumpkin mixture into your manicotti lining your stuffed manicotti 9x13 casserole dish.
- In a sauce pan melt your butter.
- Add your garlic and sage to the butter allowing to saute for a 2-3 minutes.
- Add your heavy cream and bring back to a boil then turn down to a simmer.
- Add your flour constantly stirring so it doesn't get lumpy for 5-10 minutes.
- Add your Nectevia and remove from heat.
- Pour your sauce over the manicotti in your dish.
- Add some remaining parmesan on top.
- Add some chiffonade fresh sage across the top.
- Sprinkle a few pumpkin seeds over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes.
STEVIVA PRODUCT INFO & DISCOUNTS BELOW: