It’s like an addiction. Well a Pumpkin cookie problem, I like to call it. I know typically you see an abundance of pumpkin recipes coming at you in the beginning of fall but I’m addicted to eating these year round. Its the sugar addict that lives within me. Hey, admitting is half the battle. Don’t judge me.
I made a few batches of these soft and chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and they didn’t stand a chance. No its not national cookie day either. Truth be known I have been secretly eating pumpkin cookies since the fall and trying desperately to find a solution to my sugar addiction. But I haven’t found one yet other then to keep feeding it. And so far I’m ok with that.
Are you a pumpkin fan? Pumpkin is a-ok in my book year round. So if you love pumpkin then you should think about giving these a try. Do it! Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies couldn’t be any easier to make and even more exciting to eat! You just mix all the ingredients with your mixer and drop onto your cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Seriously, they are the most amazing soft and chewy cookies. And they are on my top 5 best cookies EVER list!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups (12-ounce bag) milk chocolate chips, not semi-sweet
- Non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheets with non-stick spray or line them with parchment paper.
- Mix butter until smooth.
- Mix in the white and brown sugar a little at a time until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs.
- Then mix in the vanilla and pumpkin puree.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Slowly beat the flour mixture into the batter a little at a time.
- Stir in the chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Bake until the cookies are browned around the edges.
- Remove the cookie sheets from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes and place onto a cool pan or plate!
- PLEASE EAT RESPONSIBLY 🙂 - recipes are meant to be copied, altered, substituted or tweaked to your tasting and liking, so f you don't like an ingredient or allergic to an ingredient then omit it and/or add a different ingredient.
- - If your concerned with the chemicals, toxins, dyes, pesticides, GMOs, hormones, antibiotics, rBGH, rBST, and all of the other scary ingredients out there please focus on buying organic meats, produce, and products from your local grocery store or support your local farmers and purchase from farmers markets.