I took the CFE’s International Saltfish Blogger Recipe Challenge, and glad I did because I actually had never heard of or tried the fish before now and what a pleasant surprise after accepting the challenge!
This Pan-Seared White Pollock w/ White Wine Tomato Basil is elegant in presentation and explodes in flavor. The basil & tomatoes with wine wine are nice compliment to the Isla Brisa Pollock Fillets. If you’ve never had pollock fish, Isla Brisa Salted Pollock Fillets, come from the cold waters of the North Pacific. It’s a mild-flavored delicate white fish thats flaky in texture.
If you’re looking for an easy and flavorful dish then you should give this recipe a try! Don’t let the fancy name make you feel like its complicated, because its SUPER QUICK, even for a weeknight meal!
- 1 Package of Isla Brisa Pollock Fillets
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 2 cups of Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 1/4 cup of Dry White Wine
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil Chiffonade
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1/2 tsp Salt & Pepper
- *Follow instructions for preparing the fish on back of package 24hours prior to cooking
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan over med-heat.
- Add crushed red pepper flakes and garlic, saute for 1 minute.
- Add cherry tomatoes and cook until they're soft and blistering, but still hold their shape, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the white wine, stir, bringing to a light simmer. Stir in the basil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer the sauce into a bowl and set aside until needed.
- Heat oil in same saute pan over med-heat.
- Season pollock with salt and pepper.
- Add pollock in the oil and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Carefully flip the pollock over cooking for a few minutes until done and flaky.
- Pour the white wine tomato basil sauce over the pollock and serve topping w/ fresh basil.
- *FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS FOR SOAKING FISH 24HOURS PRIOR TO USING
CFE International offers a number of brands of salt fish which can be purchased at Costco, Jetro, Publix, & SaveALot!