Oh my goodness nothing says loving like some sweet french toast sticks on my lips! I made Nutella & Strawberry French Toast Roll-Ups which have a hot and gooey stuffed center with warm buttery outsides that are finished with cinnamon and sugar.
I got inspired from a recent visit to Florida when my gracious host and his wife made a delicious breakfast for us and these babies were on the menu. I thought to myself what a neat idea! And now I’m sharing with you.
They are super easy and fun to make. You just trim the crust off of your bread slices. Then you will flatten out the bread slices with a rolling pin. The flattened bread is then smeared all over with Nutella and add some diced strawberries to one end of the bread and roll up. The Nutella keeps the bread sticking together when they are rolled up.
Then you dip them in your egg, cinnamon, and milk mixture and cook in a saute pan for a few minutes on each side and dust with cinnamon sugar!
- 6 White Bread Slices w/out the Crust (make as many as you want)
- Fresh Strawberries (diced)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Dash of Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of Sugar
- 1 tbsp of Cinnamon
- Take your bread and cut off the crust edges.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten your bread slices.
- Mix your egg, milk, and dash of cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- Dice some strawberries.
- Mix your cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Spread each slice of bread with a little Nutella.
- Add your strawberries along the bottom of each piece of bread and roll up.
- Melt butter in pan over medium high heat.
- Dip each roll up in your egg mixture and cook for a few minutes on each side in your pan.
- Repeat with remaining roll ups.
- Cook for around 2-3 minutes until each side is golden brown.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll to coat in sugar, then remove.
- Now ENJOY!