You are the APPLE of my Pie! It’s FALL y’all and I love this time of year and taking advantage of all the seasonal fruits and foods available at the market. The apples were looking extra delicious the other day so I made “Healthy Stuffed Apples w/ Pecan Crunch Topping” and what a fantastic guiltless little treat!
Hey, don’t judge me because I like to indulge from time to time. Ok, who am I kidding all the time! But I also like to watch the waist line. I mean don’t you just wish we could eat ourselves skinny? I’m telling you I would win that race because I love to eat!
- 4 Red Apples
- 2 Green Apples
- 1/2 cup Chopped Dates (I buy already pitted & chopped)
- 3 tbsp Coconut Milk
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 tbsp Necevia
- 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Apple Spice
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- PECAN CRUNCH TOPPING
- 1/2 cup Chopped Nuts
- 2/4 Chopped Dates
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Nectevia
- Pinch of Himalayan Salt
- Pre-heat 350 degrees.
- Peel your green apples and dice.
- Take your red apples, core them, and hull out the center of the apples. Don't go to close to the sides of the apples and make them to thin and don't discard the removed apple.
- Take the red apple you hulled out and dice.
- Add your diced apples, dates, coconut milk to a food processor and mix. There should be chunks of apple and dates still in the mixture.
- Take your apple mixture from food processor and add to a bowl with the remaining ingredients Himalayan salt, Nectevia, vanilla extract, lemon juice and spices.
- Now, stuff your red apples with your mixture.
- To make pecan stuffing add all the crunch topping ingredients to your food processor and mix. Do not over blend it should be chunky.
- Pile on your pecan crunch topping on top of your apples and bake for 20-25 minutes.
These stuffed apples don’t skip a beat in flavor and that sticky pecan crunch topping is so unbelievably yummy I considered just rolling it into balls and eating it by itself!
Ok, confession time: I may of or may not of eaten it with the ice cream on top that originally was only suppose to be for photo purposes…… Don’t be like me and turn it into a cheat, lol.