I speak Spanish …uno, dos, tres, salsa, guacamole, FLAN! Ok, well maybe I speak the basics but I love the language and the food. If you’ve never had flan its a sweet custard like Mexican dessert. And I have an easy 5 ingredient flan recipe to share with you!
My Spanish friend Elisa offered to teach me how to make her homemade flan and enchiladas so that I could continue my love affair for Mexican food at home. She came over last night and we got down and dirty in the kitchen. She was also attempting to teach me how to speak Spanish in the process but just say my cooking is better then my speaking.
I don’t know about you but I find it so much fun learning authentic recipes from other cultures. And its even extra special when they take time out of their day to come to your house and teach you. And since she was so sweet to come over and share her recipe with me, now I can share the recipe with you.
If you’ve never had flan it has a custard texture and sweet vanilla flavor. I don’t know about you but I’m a sucker for creme brûlée and custards so this was right up my alley. Its also up my alley because it doesn’t get any simpler then five ingredients. You add all five ingredients to a blender and mix well. Then pour into your baking pan and bake for an hour. Then allow to chill over night. The next day flip it over onto a dish and you have yourself the perfect texture flan.
Hopefully, you find a chance to give it a whirl and I hope you have a Flantastic Friday and Holiday Season!
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tbsp of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 12oz Can of Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1 14oz Can of La Lachera
- Maple Syrup
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add your eggs, vanilla, evaporated milk, and la lachera to your blender.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes until mixed well.
- Choose a round cake pan, ramekin, or glass dish to bake your flan in.
- Cover the bottom and sides of your pan or glass dish with maple syrup.
- Then pour your flan mixture into your cake pan, ramekin, or glass dish.
- Add water to casserole dish or deep pan and fill it with water to create a water bath.
- Take your flan in the dish you poured it into and sit it in the dish with the water.
- Bake for 1 hour until you stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on the counter top and sit in refrigerator over night.
- Run a knife all the way around the outer edge and dump upside down onto a plate and serve.
- PLEASE EAT RESPONSIBLY 🙂 - recipes are meant to be copied, altered, substituted or tweaked to your tasting and liking, so f you don't like an ingredient or allergic to an ingredient then omit it and/or add a different ingredient.
- - If your concerned with the chemicals, toxins, dyes, pesticides, GMOs, hormones, antibiotics, rBGH, rBST, and all of the other scary ingredients out there please focus on buying organic meats, produce, and products from your local grocery store or support your local farmers and purchase from farmers markets.