The best is “galette” to come! As in an Apple & Cinnamon Mascarpone Galette. If your anything like myself you might be asking yourself, “what the heck is a galette?” Well its a French term that describes a flat round cake of pastry or bread. I wasn’t sure what it was the first time I heard the word either but I knew once I visually saw one that I needed to try it ASAP.
Have you ever tried apple pie or apple tarts? Of course you have that was a silly question. Well this Apple & Cinnamon Mascarpone Galette resembles the flavors of an apple pie/tart but its just on the lighter side. It’s like a cool rustic version of your traditional apple pie. You get the nice flaky crust, sweet apples, and the richness of the cinnamon flavored mascarpone cheese. And the beauty about galettes is that you can make sweet or savory ones and have fun with the different flavor combinations.
So if your looking for an easy straight forward dessert then look no further because this is the one! It’s less demanding then an pie from scratch yet you still get all the same robust flavors. You simply mix your mascarpone cheese mixture and spread down through the center of the dough. Layer your sliced apples. Fold over the edges, brush with egg, sprinkle with sugar and bake.
Now, make a pot of coffee and enjoy!
- 1 Pillsbury Dough
- 1/3 Cup of Mascarpone Cheese
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Brown Sugar
- APPLE MIXTURE
- 2 Apples Sliced Thin
- 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp of Cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp of Honey
- 2 tsp of Fresh Lemon Juice
- Raw Turbinado Sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out your pillsbury pie dough.
- Mix your mascarpone cheese, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- Spread onto the center of your pie dough leaving a couple inches room around the outer edges.
- Now add your apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, honey, and lemon to a bowl and toss so that they are evenly coated.
- Layer apples in a pinwheel shape around the center of the pie dough.
- Fold over the edges of your dough.
- Brush the edges with egg and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with an additional scoop of cinnamon flavored mascarpone cheese.
- PLEASE EAT RESPONSIBLY 🙂 - recipes are meant to be copied, altered, substituted or tweaked to your tasting and liking, so f you don't like an ingredient or allergic to an ingredient then omit it and/or add a different ingredient.
- - If your concerned with the chemicals, toxins, dyes, pesticides, GMOs, hormones, antibiotics, rBGH, rBST, and all of the other scary ingredients out there please focus on buying organic meats, produce, and products from your local grocery store or support your local farmers and purchase from farmers markets.