Breakfast is a must for me. A must as in I don’t function well without it. I guess you could say my breakfast habit started at early age. I grew up eating a hot breakfast seven days a week and this is how it carried over into my adulthood. If you don’t eat breakfast you should! It kick starts the metabolism and adds functionality to your day.
I know some people are not a fan of one pot/pan all in one dishes but look at this way, its easier to clean up. And my “Chicken Sausage & Sweet Potato Hash” is easy to make and healthy! When making this particular breakfast hash I’m like using Hatch Green Spicy Chicken Sausages (fresh never frozen) and squeezing the sausage out of the casing to sauté and pairing it with some diced sweet potatoes. You get the protein from the eggs and chicken sausage and fiber and vitamins from the sweet potatoes. I personally cook my eggs over hard so they are not runny but you can cook your eggs over easy or however you choose.xI don’t know why I’ve never been a fan of runny eggs, it freaks me out a bit to be honest.
We all have pet peeves and cleaning the dishes and kitchen happens to be one of mine. So, your all in one “Chicken Sausage & Sweet Potato Hash” will hit the spot with less dirty work.
- 1 lb of Spicy Chicken Sausage (Jones Dairy Farm)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes Cubed
- 1 Small Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 1/2 Yellow Onion Diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 3 Eggs
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice your veggies and garlic.
- Throw your sweet potatoes in the microwave in a bag for 3-5 minutes. I like to nuke my potatoes in the microwave in a bag because it just makes it easy to peel the skin off the potatoes and dice.
- While potatoes are in microwave in a sauté pan add your red bell pepper, onion, garlic and cook until sausage is translucent.
- Add chicken sausage and sauté for 2-5 minutes because its already fully cooked.
- Cube your sweet potatoes and add to the sauté pan with your chicken sausage mixture and mix everything together.
- Cook on medium-low heat for 3-5 minutes until potatoes are fully cooked.
- Now, dig 3 holes in your hash mixture and crack an egg in each hole.
- Pop your pan in the oven (make sure its oven safe) and cook for 5-10 minutes depending on the temperature you like your egg. If you like runny eggs then its going to cook quick so pay attention.
- Top w/ sliced avocado.
- PLEASE EAT RESPONSIBLY 🙂 - recipes are meant to be copied, altered, substituted or tweaked to your tasting and liking, so f you don't like an ingredient or allergic to an ingredient then omit it and/or add a different ingredient.
- - If your concerned with the chemicals, toxins, dyes, pesticides, GMOs, hormones, antibiotics, rBGH, rBST, and all of the other scary ingredients out there please focus on buying organic meats, produce, and products from your local grocery store or support your local farmers and purchase from farmers markets.